The National Police have instructed investigators to refrain from detaining individuals declared suspects in an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the country’s detention centers.National Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Asep Adi Saputra said detaining suspects would only cram more people into the police’s detention centers, which could accelerate the spread of the disease.“We have asked our investigators not to detain suspects when investigating criminal cases since the government has asked residents to perform physical distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic,” Asep said at a press conference on Thursday. He added that the instruction had been given to all of the police’s criminal investigation units and that detainment should be the last resort when dealing with criminal suspects. Instead, investigators were asked to perform “normative” legal proceedings when dealing with criminal suspects. He did not elaborate about what those proceedings entailed.Read also: Overcrowded and understaffed, prisons scramble to protect inmates from infectionAsep said the police would take into consideration the magnitude of the suspects’ alleged crimes in deciding whether to detain them. Law enforcement personnel would also place suspects into custody if they fulfilled all conditions stipulated in the Criminal Code Procedure Law (KUHAP), he said.According to the law, suspects can be detained if law enforcement officials have gathered at least three pieces of evidence supporting their allegations or if suspects pose a flight risk, may deliberately alter or destroy evidence or repeat the alleged offense.“We promise to be more selective when placing suspects into detainment,” Asep added.Topics :
Advertisement Comment Metro Sport ReporterMonday 22 Jun 2020 2:36 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link939Shares Anelka loved his time at Bolton (Picture: Getty Images)On playing under Big Sam, Anelka added: ‘I loved it. I loved everything about him!‘The game preparation, the games, the football style, his coaching, and the relationship he had with the players, his way to think about modern football using recovery more than anything else.’Anelka, now 41 years old, is working as a youth coach at Lille after a playing career that saw him appear for 13 clubs from 1996-2015.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CityThe Champions League, Premier League and European Championships winner feels of all those clubs, game preparation also stood out at Bolton under Big Sam.‘For me, we had the best game preparation at Bolton and Chelsea based on recovery before and after the game,’ he said. ‘We had lots of massages, ice baths and hot baths and I could feel the difference. We were ready to fight.‘Big Sam’s training sessions were very light but intense. He made sure we had fresh legs for the games and that we were ready to give everything and mostly be ready to fight because every game was a war.’MORE: Arsenal hero Perry Groves implores Mikel Arteta not to hand David Luiz a new contractMORE: Alan Shearer issues transfer warning to Arsenal amid Mikel Arteta strugglesFollow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.For more stories like this, check our sport page. Former Arsenal and Chelsea star Nicolas Anelka names surprise choice as best manager he’s played under Advertisement Nicolas Anelka has played for some huge names in management (Picture: Getty Images)Nicolas Anelka has played for some of the most recognisable names in European football management over the last 25 years, but two stand out as his best managers: Arsene Wenger and Sam Allardyce.The Frenchman made his name at Arsenal under compatriot Wenger, so it is little surprise Anelka has named the Gunners legend as one of his best bosses.However, Allardyce might catch the eye when Anelka has played under the likes of Carlo Ancelotti, Vicente Del Bosque, Guus Hiddink, Luiz Felipe Scolari and…Kevin Keegan.Anelka played a season-and-a-half for Bolton under Allardyce from 2006-08, scoring 23 goals in the short space of time after his return to the Premier League from Fenerbahce.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENTIt had been something of a gamble from Allardyce and for the player himself, but it paid off for both as he produced the goods and moved to Chelsea in January 2008 for £15m, which saw the Trotters nearly double their money.Anelka has praised Allardyce, along with Wenger, for knowing how to get the best out of him.‘For me, I take into consideration football, attitude, my understanding with the coach, mentality and how he used me on the field and because of this there is only two names: Big Sam and Arsene Wenger,’ Anelka told Bolton’s official website. ‘They knew how to use my qualities to get the best out of me.’
Wave Energy Scotland (WES) has hired technical assistance for the assessment of the applications in the structural materials and manufacturing processes program.The companies selected are to provide assessment of the applications going forward to the stage 2 of WES’ Structural Materials and Manufacturing Processes (SMMP) Program.Scottish engineering consultancies Augmentias Maritime & Offshore Engineering, and QED Naval, as well as Isle of Wight-based composite materials supplier Gurit Composite Components, have been selected to conduct the work on behalf of WES.They will be tasked to provide independent and impartial expert advice, and evaluate 10 applications that cover both technical and commercial elements, according to the contract award notice posted on Scottish government’s procurement portal.The purpose of the SMMP Program is to investigate whether it is possible to make a step change impact in the Levelised Cost of Energy (LCOE) by constructing typical wave energy converter devices from alternative materials.To remind, in January 2017 WES selected 10 projects to share a total of £3 million to develop innovative materials and manufacturing processes for wave energy converters, and test their survivability in different sea conditions.
Come early May and the two companies agreed to delay the beginning of the program on Rubie and Renee until 25 May 2020, putting Awilco’s rig on standby rate. WilPhoenix rig by Ronnie Robertson – shared with permission from the photographer To remind, Awilco Drilling last March signed a contract with Petrofac for the provision of WilPhoenix rig in support of a three-well plug & abandonment program on Rubie and Renee fields. Petrofac’s Engineering & Production Services business (EPS) has begun the activity on its previously awarded well decommissioning contract for the Rubie and Renee fields located off the UK. The program was scheduled to start in early May. In an update on Wednesday, Petrofac said that, over the next three months, it would provide well operator, well engineering, and project management services to decommission four wells within the Rubie and Renee fields, 200km northeast of Aberdeen. Three of these wells will now be decommissioned on a lump-sum turnkey basis, Petrofac said. “We have delivered significant savings for our clients during these campaigns and are delighted to capitalise on our track record by decommissioning three of the four wells on a lump sum turnkey basis to align with our client’s operating strategy”. Petrofac is responsible for detailed planning, direct procurement and management of all subcontracted services, including the provision of a semi-submersible rig, in delivering this well decommissioning campaign. Nick Shorten, Managing Director for Petrofac Engineering and Production Services West, said: “We are excited to kick-off this critical well decommissioning activity. The contract builds on our existing track record for delivering Well Operator and Project Management services for clients globally, but specifically in the UKCS where in recent years we have successfully delivered numerous multi-well decommissioning campaigns, permanently abandoning 25 wells since 2016.
By Jerry MackeyFARLEY, Iowa – On Friday, July 15, Farley Speedway will host a special night of racing action featuring the Out-Pace Racing Products IMCA Late Models.The Ideal Ready Mix Tri-Track Challenge will headline the program with the Late Models battling it out on the 3/8-mile dirt track for 50 laps with $2,000 going to the winner.In addition to the Late Models, Xtreme Motor Sports IMCA Modifieds, Karl Chevrolet Northern SportMods, IMCA Sunoco Stock Cars and IMCA Sunoco Hobby Stocks will be racing.Action gets underway with hot laps at 7 p.m. and racing to follow.
Facebook Twitter Google+ Syracuse sophomore nose tackle Steven Clark is out for the year with a lower-leg injury, Syracuse Athletics announced Thursday. Clark had started the first nine games of the year at that position before sitting out the Orange’s (4-6, 2-4 Atlantic Coast) 35-20 loss to North Carolina State on Saturday.Freshman McKinley Williams started in his place for his first career start.Clark managed 16 total tackles this season (6 solo and 10 assisted), 1.5 tackles for loss and three quarterback hurries.Syracuse.com first reported on Saturday that Clark would miss the final two games of the regular season and could have returned for a possible bowl game, citing Clark’s father.Clark has 37 tackles, two fumbles recoveries and three tackles for loss in his 21 career games played at SU.AdvertisementThis is placeholder text Comments Published on November 17, 2016 at 5:35 pm Contact Jon: firstname.lastname@example.org | @jmettus
Head Coach of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries Football Club of Lagos, Fidelis Ilechukwu, has told his wards to give him a befitting birthday gift by coming out top in their next league match against Kano Pillars Football Club of Kano.The newcomers will be the guests of the former league champions, Kano Pillars FC in tomorrow’s Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) Match-day 28 clash scheduled to take place at the Sani Abacha Stadium in Kano.Speaking to his wards after his team’s final training session at the Prayer City training ground on Wednesday, Coach Ilechukwu who became a year older yesterday told his players that a victory over the Sai Masu Gida would be a perfect gift for him. He began “Our game against Kano Pillars is a very important match for us for many reasons and I want you all to make me and our supporters happy after the game on Saturday.“I will be a year older on Thursday (yesterday), I need the three points as birthday gift. I believe in you guys and I know that you can win the match for me to have a remarkable 38th birthday celebration.“If they can come to Lagos and share the points with us in the first leg, I see nothing stopping us from grinding out a victory on Saturday,” said the youthful tactician.The Lagos-based team claimed the 9th spot on the leaderboard with 36 points from 25 league matches. They are three points behind the host who sits in 5th position.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram
Graysen DeJarnettby Tracy McCue, Sumner Newscow â€” Wellington High School junior Graysen DeJarnett scored an 81 at the Class 4A State golf tournament at Turtle Creek Golf Course on Wednesday.DeJarnett would finish tied for 45th out of 102 golfers. The tournament was delayed a day due to rain.This was DeJarnettâ€™s first appearance in the state tournament. He qualified after finishing in the top five of golfers not affiliated with the two team regional automatic qualifiers.Buhler won the state championship with a 293. Rose Hill, which won the Wellington Regional, placed second with a 310. Wichita Trinity, the other Wellington regional qualifier, finished eighth with a 328.Mac McNish of Buhler won the 18-hole event with a 67, out distancing the second place finisher Eric Pauls of Kansas City Piper with a 70.DeJarnett started on the 10th hole and would was two over after five holes. He would double bogey his seventh hole and ended with a 41 on the back nine.He would then birdie 13th hole to pull with 7-over, but would eventually pull in an 11-over par score.DeJarnett will return next season in hopes of returning as will the full Wellington High School golf team. Golf is a cyclical sport and it appears Wellington is climbing back up the ladder with an abundance of underclassmen and the advent of the WMS golf program.For full Class 4A state golf tournament results click here:Â Class 4A State Golf TournamentFollow us on Twitter. Close Forgot password? Please put in your email: Send me my password! Close message Login This blog post All blog posts Subscribe to this blog post’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Subscribe to this blog’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Follow the discussion Comments (2) Logging you in… Close Login to IntenseDebate Or create an account Username or Email: Password: Forgot login? Cancel Login Close WordPress.com Username or Email: Password: Lost your password? Cancel Login Dashboard | Edit profile | Logout Logged in as Admin Options Disable comments for this page Save Settings Sort by: Date Rating Last Activity Loading comments… You are about to flag this comment as being inappropriate. Please explain why you are flagging this comment in the text box below and submit your report. The blog admin will be notified. Thank you for your input. +1 Vote up Vote down Glenda Wright · 271 weeks ago Great Job, Graysen!!! Report Reply 0 replies · active 271 weeks ago 0 Vote up Vote down Andrew · 270 weeks ago Keep at it Graysen, keep improving 🙂 Report Reply 0 replies · active 270 weeks ago Post a new comment Enter text right here! Comment as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments Comments by IntenseDebate Enter text right here! Reply as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Cancel Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments
Jose Mourinho sackedManchester, United Kingdom | AFP | Manchester United have sacked manager Jose Mourinho after their worst start to a season in almost 30 years, the club announced on Tuesday.The 55-year-old Portuguese’s last match in charge was the 3-1 defeat by Premier League league leaders Liverpool on Sunday which left them 19 points behind their opponents.Mourinho’s sacking comes just two-and-a-half years into his tenure and three years and a day since Chelsea sacked him just months after he had guided them to the title.Former player Michael Carrick, now a member of the coaching staff, is expected to take charge in an interim role but United said a caretaker manager will be appointed until the end of the season.The club’s worst start in the league since 1990 means even Mourinho’s ambition of reaching the top four and a Champions League qualification spot is in danger.Despite United reaching the Champions League knockout stages — they face an intimidating last-16 tie with Paris Saint-Germain — a mix of the results, dressing-room discord and criticism of the board’s transfer policy proved potent factors in the decision to dismiss him.A United source told AFP that Mourinho had been supported in his efforts to sign players and described reports of player power at the club as being key to the sacking as being wide of the mark.According to British media reports, United will have to pay £22.5 million ($28 million) — as the club are still in the Champions League — to sever the ties.“Manchester United announces that manager Jose Mourinho has left the club with immediate effect,” a club statement said.“The club would like to thank Jose for his work during his time at Manchester United and to wish him success in the future.“A new caretaker manager will be appointed until the end of the current season, while the club conducts a thorough recruitment process for a new, full-time manager.” Carrick is favoured for the caretaker role having become part of the coaching staff this season.– ‘Deteriorating relationship’ –In the longer term former Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane has been linked to the club and Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino could also be a name in the frame.Mourinho’s reign had started well enough with the League Cup and the Europa League trophies but neighbours Manchester City’s dominance over them in the league has hurt.The wound went even deeper for Mourinho as City are managed by Pep Guardiola, who got the better of him when he managed Barcelona and Mourinho was at Real Madrid.However, despite his protestations to the contrary the United board gave Mourinho plenty of money to compete.Top-quality players such as Belgian striker Romelu Lukaku — who he persuaded to come to United and not Chelsea for £75 million in 2017 — and Paul Pogba for a then world record fee of £89 million in 2016 have floundered under his authoritarian stewardship.Indeed it was his deteriorating relationship with World Cup-winning midfielder Pogba — one of many to feel the lash of his tongue in public — that symbolised the decline at the club under him.Mourinho questioned his attitude while the player hit back with open criticism of the tactics, culminating in him kicking his heels on the bench during the Liverpool debacle on Sunday.Share on: WhatsApp
Kelowna entered the week as the fourth ranked squad but mowed through the competition before edging Brentwood of Vancouver Island 58-47 in the final.LVR lost to 69-60 to Wellington from Vancouver Island’s Nanaimo before putting together a two-game win streak to finish the season feeling pretty good.The Bombers dumped Charles Hays of Prince Rupert 81-54 Friday.Kingdon was a force throughout contest for the Bombers, finishing the game with 22 points and 10 rebounds.The game was tied at halftime 37-37 before the Bombers turned up the defence allowing Charles Hays to score 17 points in the final two quarters while ringing up 44 points.Zak added 13 points and five assists while Sturrup, Zukowski and Erich Schepkowski had 11, 12 and 10, respectively.The game was the final contest for senior starters Matt Zukowski, Jack Sturrup, Jesse Zak and Adam Berg and Cail Spencer and Erich Schepkowski. The L.V. Rogers Bombers rode into the sunset of the senior boy’s basketball season on a high note, stopping host Sahali Sabres 70-60 at the B.C. High School AA Boy’s Basketball Championships Saturday in Kamloops.The result elevated the Bombers to finish 13th overall in the 16-team tournament. The Bombers were 15th in 2012.LVR entered the tournament as the 13th ranked team.Senior forward Matt Zukowski led the change for LVR with a game-high 25 points.Grade 11 forward Isaiah Kingdon added 20 points with Jesse Zak scoring 12 and Jack Sturrup 10.Zak also had five assists.The Kootenay champs led 57-39 after three periods before holding off a late fourth-quarter charge by the Sabres.The Bombers opened the tourney Wednesday falling to eventual champion Kelowna Christian 106-67.