Anytongs flatware converter turns normal utensils into tongs » Gadget Flow

first_imgTalk about an innovation you need but didn’t know you were missing. The Anytongs flatware converter turns two utensils into kitchen tongs, replacing multiple sets of tongs. So you’ll always have tongs ready when you need to serve salad or pasta. This gadget lets you save space and reduce clutter, meaning you no longer have to find a convenient spot to store those awkward tongs that don’t close. Compatible with pretty much any type of flatware, this utensil converter lets you slide a spoon or fork in either side and pull it taught. Thanks to the rubberized slot, the Anytongs will keep your flatware secure. Plus, this flatware converter also has a rubberized grip so you keep ahold of it even when you open it wide to grab something large. Whether you’re grilling or serving, flipping or stirring, the Anytongs will make your time in the kitchen so much easier. – Advertisement –last_img read more

Rebel killed in Miag-ao clash a student activist

first_imgILOILO City – The suspected member of the New People’s Army (NPA) whose body was recovered in Sitio Lay, Barangay Dalije, Miag-ao, Iloilo on June 29 after a clash with Philippine Army troops had been identified. The encounter lasted for some 15 minutes. The armed men retreated to the mountains. Army soldiers recovered a body. Malvin Christian Cruz was a member of the activist League of Filipino Students (LFS) at the University of the Philippines Visayas (UPV) in Miag-ao, according to Army Lieutenant Colonel Joel Benedict Batara, commander of the 61st Infantry Battalion (61IB). He urged parents to monitor their children’s activities in school. Cruz, a resident of Barangay San Nicolas, Oton, Iloilo, was a Bachelor of Science in Statistics student at UPV from 2015 to 2016, said Batara. Batara said Cruz joined the NPA when he was only 17 years old. “(Cruz) was identified by his parents only on July 3. We have yet to ask the parents if they knew their son was an NPA leader,” said Batara. “They wanted to project na malakas pa rin sila, but they are not,” said Pancito. The NPA is the armed wing of the Communist Party of the Philippines./PN The NPA is on a recruitment spree because its ranks are declining, he revealed. Despite the current public health emergency due to the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic, the NPA is pushing through with its recruitment activities. In Barangay Lanag, Tigbauan town the rebels circulated recruitment flyers and displayed streamers. “They need to recruit in the lowlands because they no longer have recruits in the upland areas,” said Pancito. “Para hindi mapahamak ang mga anak. Dapat ma-guide talaga ng maayos at hindi malinlang ng mga rebelde,” said Batara. Just this March 29 the NPA marked its 51stanniversary. “They have become irrelevant and desperate. Alam nila na ang support ng tao ay nasa government forces na. Ang mga tao ay sawa na sa kanilang promises,” said Pancito. According to the Army commander, Cruz was known as “Lean” or “Lucas” in the NPA’s Southern Front, Komiteng Rehiyon-Panay and that he was the team leader of Squad 3, Suyak Platoon. The recruit flyers were printed with words “Lumalakas, lumalawak, lumalaban. Join NPA. Napoleon Tumagtang Command. I love NPA dito sa Tigbauan.” The Philippine Army’s 3rd Infantry Division (3ID) criticized the NPA for the latter’s obtuse insensitivity to public sentiment at this time. In the whole Panay Island, Pancito said, there are now less than a hundred rebels. Many NPA members surrendered to the government and others were killed in encounters with government troops, he added. Thirty 30 armed men fired at 61IB troops in Sitio Lay, Barangay Dalije, Miag-ao at around 10:30 a.m. on June 29 while the government soldiers were verifying a report about NPA recruitment activities in the area and nearby San Joaquin town. “The rebels are insensitive to the plight of the people who are all on quarantine in their houses. They are taking advantage of the situation,” said 3ID spokesperson, Army Captain Cenon Pancito III.last_img read more

Rea reigns in Spain with World Superbike title success

first_img Rea had only needed a top nine finish to ensure he became his nation’s first motorcycling world champion since 1968. The County Antrim 28-year-old finished behind England’s Tom Sykes, Welshman Chaz Davies and Michael van der Mark of Holland. Northern Ireland’s Jonathan Rea has won the World Superbike title after finishing fourth in the opening race in Jerez on Sunday. Ironically the race that sealed Rea’s title win also marked the first time he had finished off the podium in 21 races. Rae went on to also finish fourth in the second race of the afternoon, which was won by Davies. Rae told BBC Sport: “I cannot quite believe it – I have been waiting for this moment for such a long time. “It was a difficult race and on every lap I was thinking about the championship and I was really happy in the end.” Northern ireland great Joey Dunlop won the Formula One TT title in 1968, with Brian Reid winning the Formula Two title in the same year. center_img Press Associationlast_img read more