Lufthansa, a member of the Star Alliance group, has not operated on its two seasonal lines since October: from Munich to Pula and Zadar. Although the lines were operating in October, the company stopped operating on them earlier this year due to the impact of the global pandemic or reduced demand, according to Croatian Aviation. Lufthansa will cut off traffic to Adriatic airports earlier than in previous years, and there will be a reduction in the number of weekly flights on the Munich-Zagreb route. Line Munich – Zagreb will operate 17 times a week until October 5; on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. From October 18, there will be only three flights a week on this line, on Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays. Germany’s Lufthansa will drastically reduce the number of operations at Croatian airports by the end of October. Line Frankfurt – Split will operate once a week, on Saturdays, until October 17th. The company operated on this line 4 times a week in August, and 3 in September. Line Munich – Split will operate four times a week, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays, until October 24th. Line Frankfurt – Zadar will operate once a week, on Saturdays, until October 24th. It is one flight less per week compared to September, and two compared to August. Line Frankfurt – Pula will run until October 17, once a week on Saturdays. Here, too, there is one flight less per week than in September, and two less than in August. Line Frankfurt – Dubrovnik will operate once a week, on Saturdays, until October 17th. Lufthansa operated on this line 3 times in August and twice a week in September. Line Munich – Dubrovnik will operate four times a week, Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays, until October 24th. Photo: Lufthansa The company will have in October 7 active lines according to Croatian airports, two less than in the previous month. Although the number of lines did not decrease significantly, it did occur large reductions in the number of weekly flights to Croatian destinations.
Wenger expects the combative midfielder to continue his recovery in time to play some part in the final matches of the domestic season and also be available for the World Cup. A win this weekend would see Arsenal move level on 66 points with City, who thumped Manchester United 3-0 at Old Trafford in midweek and have two matches in hand on all their championship rivals. “We have not given up (on the title), believe me and we can show that tomorrow. It is our attitude that will decide that,” Wenger said. “Champions keep going when everybody else would give up. We have an opportunity to show that we have that mentality.” Beating City would boost Arsenal’s flagging title hopes, and also put some distance back between themselves and fifth-placed Everton, who are six points behind and with a match in hand ahead of their showdown at Goodison Park next weekend. “If people say that Everton can catch us, that means we can catch the teams above us as well because they play against each other,” said Wenger. “The next game is of massive importance because it is Man City and they fight at the top. “They are the favourites with Chelsea and Liverpool, but when you play one of the favourites, you have an opportunity to shorten the distance with them.” Wenger added: “Let’s not forget we are in an important race in the Premier League, we are in the semi-final of the FA Cup, so it is at the moment not as doom and gloom as everybody paints the situation. “We want to finish first in the league and everything else, the other priorities are still there. “You want to be in the Champions League of course, but it is never good enough to be anything other than first and you hope always you are the best. “If you ask any team, and they have to be in the top four (so) you cannot say as well it is a shame, but you want to be first – you do not work day and night to be second.” Wenger also rejected reports suggesting City were ready to offer Arsenal full-back Bacary Sagna a lucrative deal when his contract expires in the summer, branding such a move “illegal”, and remains hopeful the 31-year-old France international will stay on at the Emirates Stadium. Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger will not concern himself with criticism of his team from former Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes – a man with “zero” managerial experience. Following the Gunners’ 2-2 draw against Swansea on Tuesday night, in which midfielder Mathieu Flamini netted a bizarre last-minute own goal, Scholes had claimed Arsenal were “a million miles away” from challenging for the Barclays Premier League title. The former United man, who won a string of medals under Sir Alex Ferguson, used his role as a TV pundit to launch a fierce attack on Arsenal, claiming they had “midfield players with no discipline” and “there are no leaders”, as well as questioning the development of Jack Wilshere. However, Wenger – who took charge of his 1,000th Arsenal game in the 6-0 defeat at Chelsea last weekend – used his pre-match press conference ahead of the visit of Manchester City to put the 39-year-old firmly in his place. “Everybody has opinions, people who have managed zero games have opinions and we have to accept that. What you live is what you do on the pitch, and all the rest is only opinions,” said Wenger. “We are in a society where there are thousands of opinions every day, and some go for you and some go against you. You have to live with that. “If six points (from the top of the league) is a million miles away, then I don’t know what the translation from a mile into a point is.” The Gunners boss also took exception to Scholes’ claim that midfielder Wilshere, 22, has “not improved since he was 17”. Wenger continued: “You cannot say that. Jack Wilshere is an exceptional player for me who has been handicapped by many injuries. “Once Jack is back and consistently on the pitch, he will prove everybody wrong about that because he is an exceptional player – and Scholes knows that as well.” Wilshere is recovering from a fractured foot suffered when playing for England in a friendly against Denmark at the start of March. Press Association
Malta: There are 200 jobs on offer to bus drivers on the sun-kissed islandTHE DEPARTMENT of Social Protection says it is to continue to highlight jobs abroad to unemployed people in Co Donegal – saying it has been doing so for two decades.The statement from the Department comes after a teacher was offered a post in Spain and a 60-year-old man was offered a position driving buses in Malta.Both people contacted Sinn Fein TD Pearse Doherty to complain. The Maltese offer included a description of the island’s all-year-round sunshine.However the Department told Donegal Daily such job offers aren’t new – and they will continue to point out possible employment opportunities inside the European Union.“The European Employment Service (Eures) is a Europe-wide initiative in existence since 1993 to assist jobseekers take up employment in other EU countries,” said a spokesman“It is a network of all the public employment services in the European Union and the European Economic Area. It is a service we offer which is extremely popular with jobseekers throughout Europe.” It said the department informs jobseekers in Ireland of such job opportunities in the European labour market which may be of interest to them.“Any such employment opportunities which the Department of Social Protection brings to the attention of jobseekers are completely voluntary and people who do not avail of them will not lose their social welfare entitlements here,” the spokesman added. WE WILL CONTINUE TO OFFER DONEGAL PEOPLE JOBS ABROAD, SAYS DEPARTMENT was last modified: March 29th, 2013 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:maltaPearse DohertySAYS DEPARTMENTspainWE WILL CONTINUE TO OFFER DONEGAL PEOPLE JOBS ABROAD