Lufthansa, a member of the Star Alliance group, has not operated on its two seasonal lines since October: from Munich to Pula and Zadar. Although the lines were operating in October, the company stopped operating on them earlier this year due to the impact of the global pandemic or reduced demand, according to Croatian Aviation. Lufthansa will cut off traffic to Adriatic airports earlier than in previous years, and there will be a reduction in the number of weekly flights on the Munich-Zagreb route. Line Munich – Zagreb will operate 17 times a week until October 5; on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. From October 18, there will be only three flights a week on this line, on Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays. Germany’s Lufthansa will drastically reduce the number of operations at Croatian airports by the end of October. Line Frankfurt – Split will operate once a week, on Saturdays, until October 17th. The company operated on this line 4 times a week in August, and 3 in September. Line Munich – Split will operate four times a week, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays, until October 24th. Line Frankfurt – Zadar will operate once a week, on Saturdays, until October 24th. It is one flight less per week compared to September, and two compared to August. Line Frankfurt – Pula will run until October 17, once a week on Saturdays. Here, too, there is one flight less per week than in September, and two less than in August. Line Frankfurt – Dubrovnik will operate once a week, on Saturdays, until October 17th. Lufthansa operated on this line 3 times in August and twice a week in September. Line Munich – Dubrovnik will operate four times a week, Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays, until October 24th. Photo: Lufthansa The company will have in October 7 active lines according to Croatian airports, two less than in the previous month. Although the number of lines did not decrease significantly, it did occur large reductions in the number of weekly flights to Croatian destinations.
After Otto Zaccardo graduated from Lincoln-Sudbury Regional (Massachusetts) High School, he wasn’t a fan of what he saw.He had some Division II offers, others from Division I-AA, but he thought he could play at the highest level, Division I.So he gambled on himself, enrolling at Worcester (Massachusetts) Academy to play a post-graduate year at running back for Hilltoppers. But three or four games into the season, he said, he dislocated his AC joint, meaning his shoulder separated from his clavicle.He missed the remainder of the season.“It’s been a chaotic process,” Zaccardo said, laughing.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textThe preferred walk-on running back listed at 5-foot-10, 180 pounds, per his Hudl.com account, committed to the Orange via Twitter on Friday night. The Class of 2016 commit chose SU over multiple Division I-AA and Ivy League offers, he said. Before Worcester, he ran for 1,127 yards and 14 touchdowns in his senior year of high school, per the Sudbury Town Crier newspaper. “I knew about the situation at Syracuse from a lot of reading and knew they needed fast guys,” he said of SU head coach Dino Babers’ new fast-paced plan on offense. “I reached out to them and they got back to me immediately.”Buying into the mantra, “Orange is the new fast,” Zaccardo emailed his highlight tape, which by then consisted of mostly plays over a year old because of his injury, to every coach he could find on the team’s site in late January. He said he had run the 40-yard dash in 4.4 seconds the summer before, so that helped get the attention of coaches.Within a few days, new defensive quality control coach John Pike had responded. After talking consistently, Zaccardo came to campus for a visit last weekend and was impressed by how well organized Babers’ staff was for being there only two months.“I visited (the University of California) a while ago,” he said. “I honestly thought Syracuse had better facilities.”Zaccardo said he’s been accepted into the Renée Crown University Honors Program at Syracuse, and the merit scholarships he earned made it possible to walk-on.He said he will focus on special teams and being on the scout team for this fall and then enter the next spring like anyone else.The Twitter account that Zaccardo announced his decision on had been made just a few days before, and his decision was just his second tweet. There isn’t a lot about him on the internet other than a few old articles because he said he isn’t into social media.“Plus, I got injured early (at Worcester) so there was nothing to report on,” Zaccardo said. “But there will be.” Comments Related Stories Syracuse football recruiting: Running back Otto Zaccardo joins Class of 2016 as preferred walk-on Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on April 9, 2016 at 9:39 pm Contact Sam: email@example.com | @Sam4TR
AddThis ShareCONTACT: Franz BrotzenPHONE: 713-348-6775E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org Rice Cinema presents Iranian Film Festival this weekendThree new films about women in Iran will be featured at the Iran Film Festival Feb. 4-5 at the Rice Cinema.Two documentaries, “We are Half of Iran’s Population” and “Pearls on the Ocean Floor,” will be screened Friday, beginning at 7 p.m. “We are Half of Iran’s Population,” directed by Rakhshan Bani-Etemad, looks at how a wide coalition of women was formed in Iran, prior to the June 2009 presidential elections, to make their demands heard and to effectively influence the candidates.“Pearls on the Ocean Floor,” directed by Robert Adanto, focuses on the role of women artists, both inside and outside Iran. Their artwork reveals encounters between religion and secular modernity, change and tradition, contemporary life and history.On Saturday the Rice Media Center will screen “The Glass House,” directed by Melissa Hibberd and Hamid Rahmanian (Shahrbanoo). The film follows four girls as they try to pull themselves out of the margins by attending a rehabilitation center in Tehran and struggling to overcome addiction, abandonment and sexual abuse.All three films will be shown at the Rice Media Center, located on the Rice University campus near Entrance 8 at Stockton Street and University Boulevard. For directions, go to www.rice.edu/maps/maps.html.General admission is $6; $5 for students and seniors. For more information on Rice Cinema, visit http://ricecinema.rice.edu.